Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Brief List

Why I'm happy right now--in no particular order:

Finally, weather cool enough for the down comforter at night.

He should be home in less than four weeks.

Good friends (of diverse ages, backgrounds and interests) with whom I can laugh, or rant, or sit without talking at all.

Knowing that not everyone is going to like me...and being ok with that.

He should be home in less than four weeks!

Learning (oh, so very slowly) how to say "no" with a smile, and know that the people doing the asking aren't going to hate me (and that if they hate me for saying "no," they aren't worth having as friends).

Finally finding someone from whom I can get fantastic, professional manicures and pedicures.

Having smooth heels and cute toes again.

Deciding to damn the expense and go visit my cousin on the beautiful white sand beaches of Okinawa next week.

Did I mention he is going to be HOME in less than four weeks?

Need some joy? I've got plenty to spare!

3 Comments:

At 11/09/2006 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm feeling pretty joyful myself at the moment :) Glad we can share it!

 
At 11/11/2006 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I see a theme here...

Yay for manicures and pedicures! I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never have smooth heels.

 
At 11/12/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Carolie said...

Lori, so glad you are joyful! If it has anything to do with recent elections, I'm right there with you!!

Kate, yeah, there's a theme! :) As for manicures and pedicures, I looked down my nose at them for years! "Too girly, what's the point?" Then I GOT a pedicure. WOW. I can have nice feet? Woo-hoo! Being in Japan yet not finding anyone who gave a proper manicure/pedicure was serious trauma since January.

Come to Japan...I'll take you to the fabulous Linh and you'll have smooth heels!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home